Everything you need for your online presence
What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are stored on a user’s computer, mobile phone or other device when they visit a website. They are commonly used to operate or improve the functioning of websites or to provide information to website owners.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are several types of cookies that we may use on our website:
- Essential cookies. These are cookies that are necessary for the functioning of our website. They include, for example, cookies that allow you to log in to secure areas of our site.
- Analytical or performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and see how visitors move around our site when they use it. This helps us improve the way our site works, for example, by making sure users find what they are looking for easily.
- Functional cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our site. This allows us to personalize content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use them to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests.
How can you control cookies?
Most internet browsers are initially set to accept cookies automatically. You can change your settings to block cookies or to warn you when cookies are being sent to your device. There are several ways to manage cookies. See your browser instructions or help screen to learn more about how to adjust or change your browser settings.
If you disable the cookies we use, this may affect your experience on chml.ro, for example, you may not be able to visit certain sections or receive personalized information when you visit the site.
If you use different devices to view and access the site (e.g. computer, smartphone, tablet, etc.), you should ensure that each browser on each device is adjusted to match your cookie preferences.
Here’s how you can manage cookies in your main browsers:
- Google Chrome: Menu > Settings > Privacy and security > Cookies and other site data;
- Mozilla Firefox: Menu > Options > Privacy and security > Cookies and site data;
- Safari: Menu > Preferences > Privacy;
- Microsoft Edge: Menu > Settings > Privacy, Search and Services > Clear browsing data > Choose what to clear;
If you want to find out more about cookies and what they are used for, we recommend the following links:
Cookies that have been set in the past
If you have disabled one or more cookies, we may still use information collected by those cookies before your setting is disabled. However, we will no longer use the disabled cookie to collect more information.
Last update: 16.06.2023